About the Programme
InterTradeIreland Acumen, our sales & marketing programme aims to help SMEs to grow their business on the island of Ireland by targeting new cross-border markets.
We offer four business support options:
InterTradeIreland Acumen can source the right people to help you increase your export sales North or South, improve your knowledge of the market and identify new business opportunities.
Typical benefits as a result of the programme include:
- Access to new markets and increased sales
- Better knowledge of the cross-border market
- New business opportunities identified
- Improvements to your sales and marketing strategy
- Increased business contacts and prospects across the island
Am I eligible?
To qualify for financial support through our Acumen programme ideally your business should be:
- A manufacturing or a tradable service company with an annual turnover below £40 million (or euro equivalent)
- A company that employs less than 250 people
- An indigenous company (not multinational or foreign owned)
- Committed to the development of new product markets with the potential of job creation
- A company with an established relationship with a mainstream development agency (Invest Northern Ireland, Enterprise Ireland, Údarás na Gaeltachta, City or County Enterprise Board, a Local Enterprise Agency)
In addition, you should also have:
- A satisfactory track record in your home market
- Less than 30% of total business in the target cross-border market already
- A sufficiently unique product that does not displace existing products in the marketplace
- A project that can demonstrate that it may not happen without support
- The capacity (human, financial & production) to deliver the project
Do you think Acumen is for you? Find out what to do next in our How it works section.
Why not follow us on twitter @ITI_acumen
InterTradeIreland's Acumen programme is jointly funded by InterTradeIreland, Enterprise Ireland and Invest Northern Ireland, and supported by County and City Enterprise Boards and Údarás na Gaeltachta.