About the Acumen Programme
InterTradeIreland can assist you to source and fund the right people to help you increase your cross-border export sales North or South, right here on the island, to help you improve your knowledge of the market and identify new business opportunities.
We offer three business support options:
Am I eligible?
To qualify for financial support through our Acumen programme ideally your business should be:
- A manufacturing or a tradable service company with an annual turnover below £40 million (or euro equivalent)
- A company that employs less than 250 people
- An indigenous company (not multinational or foreign owned)
- Committed to the development of new product markets with the potential of job creation
- A company with an established relationship with a mainstream development agency (Invest Northern Ireland, Enterprise Ireland, Údarás na Gaeltachta, a Local Enterprise Office, a Local Enterprise Agency)
In addition, you should also have:
- A satisfactory track record in your home market
- Less than 30% of total business in the target cross-border market already
- A sufficiently unique product that does not displace existing products in the marketplace
- A project that can demonstrate that it may not happen without support
- The capacity (human, financial & production) to deliver the project
Please note that businesses involved in retail, distribution and agriculture are not eligible for assistance under this scheme.
Typical benefits as a result of the programme include:
- Access to new markets and increased sales
- Better knowledge of the cross-border market
- New business opportunities identified
- Improvements to your sales and marketing strategy
- Increased business contacts and prospects across the island
Download our latest brochure for more information
Yes, I want to apply
If this programme is right for you, fill out our easy Application form to register your interest.
Register for Acumen
Not what you're looking for?
If this programme is not suitable for your business needs why not have a look at our other Trade Supports
View Trade Supports
InterTradeIreland's Acumen programme is funded by InterTradeIreland and supported by Invest NI, Enterprise Ireland, Local Enterprise Offices and Údarás na Gaeltachta