To be eligible for the InterTradeIreland Challenge Programme your company should be:
- An ambitious SME ideally with between 10 and 250 employees
- Currently exporting or considering exporting
- Serious about growth through innovation
- Financially viable
Briefing events are open to all but for workshops and intensive mentoring preference will be given to ambitious companies with normally not less than 10 employees in the manufacturing or tradable service sectors.
State Aid Implications
- for SMEs (defined as < 250 employees, turnover < €50M, balance sheet < €43M ) participation in the intensive stage of Challenge equates to £6,500 of aid received under Commission Regulation (EU) 651/2014 GBER specifically Article 28 (2) (c) and Article 28 (4). Companies will be required to provide InterTradeIreland with an assurance that the total amount of aid for innovation and advisory support services does not exceed €200,000 within any three year period.
- for large companies (defined as > 250 employees, turnover > €50M, balance sheet > €43M ) participation in the intensive stage of Challenge equates to £6500 of aid received under de minimis Commission Regulation (EU) 1407/2003. Companies will be required to provide InterTradeIreland with a declaration of all de minimis aid in the current and last 2 financial years (maximum €200 000).
Download our latest brochure for more information
Yes, I want to apply
If you feel your company meets the eligibility criteria and would like more information, contact our team.
Register for Challenge Programme
Not what you're looking for?
If this programme is not suitable for your business needs why not have a look at our other Innovation supports
View Innovation Supports