How we can help?
Funding is still available for research and innovation projects through the FP7 programme and there will be €80bn allocated to its successor programme, Horizon 2020, starting in 2014. Collaboration is key when accessing EU innovation funding opportunities.
InterTradeIreland offers a suite of supports specifically designed to facilitate N/S collaborations and to increase participation in the EU FP7 and Horizon 2020 funding schemes. This assistance includes:
EU Research Partnership Guide – Social Sciences and Humanities - SSH Guide Feb 2013 (1,401 KB) contains information on the expertise available in Ireland and Northern Ireland in areas such as Economics, Politics, Sociology, Psychology and Education. The guide aims to facilitate the engagement and interactions between social researchers and scientists across the island with the view to engage in FP7 innovation projects and in the upcoming Horizon 2020.
- Research Connections Database and interactive map that provides an overview of the research and innovation funded projects taking place across the island and the main research centres in Northern Ireland and Ireland, to facilitate partner identification for FP7 and Horizon 2020.
- InterTradeIreland Cross-border Collaboration Voucher Covers cost of travel or accommodation for up to £500 / €550 when meeting with partners in the other jurisdiction to discuss potential FP7 projects or Horizon 2020 preparations.
- Focus on FP7 series - Events where top researchers and SMEs of the island are brought together for a targeted briefing and networking opportunity to discuss specic areas of FP7. Currently, no futher dates scheduled.
- EU notice board Designed to help you identify partners for your collaborative FP7 or Horizon 2020 projects. Here you will find projects looking for a partner to undertake a specifc role.
- EU Travel Scheme Financial support of £350/€437 to attend relevant FP7 and Horizon 2020 related events in Europe or consortium meetings.
- FP7 and Horizon 2020 dedicated website and newsletter Providing general information on FP7 topics such as, what is a PIC code, how to register as an evaluator or what are the supports available on the island?
Am I eligible?
To take advantage of these supports you must be:
- an academic, researcher or private company
- part of a consortium engaging in a European funding application process (within the FP7/Horizon 2020 programme) with partners on both sides of the border or trying to establish a N/S partnership with the objective to engage in FP7 and Horizon 2020 funding applications/projects.