FP7 and Knowledge-based Bio Economy Research (KBBE)
What is it about?
The ‘Focus on FP7’ series aims to provide a better understanding of specific FP7 calls. This event will focus on food research which has the potential for even stronger North/South links. The event will give insights into the nutrition, food processing and food safety-related topics of the next Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, and Biotechnology (FAFB) FP7 call (July 2012) and will serve as a platform for sharing experience and to meet potential partners from across the island.
Who should attend?
This event is targeted at researchers and companies on the island interested in submitting project proposals under the environment call within the following indicative topics:
- Impact of food and nutritional behaviour, lifestyle and the socio-economic environment on depression and proposed remedial actions
- Development and industrial application of sensors for food processing operations
- Transfer of knowledge on traditional foods to SMEs
- Saving water and energy for resource-efficient food processing
- Food quality and safety
- Quality and authenticiy in the food chain
What can you expect?
- Introduction to potential topics of the upcoming call, covering the key features expected in the work programme.
- Presentation of best practice case studies of collaborative projects in the area.
- Opportunity of networking with peers from within your area of expertise.
- Presentation of the support mechanisms available from InterTradeIreland, Invest NI, Enterprise Ireland and the Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine.
Where and when?
Registration is from 9.30am on 22nd June 2012, with the event running from 10.00am until 1.30pm (including lunch) at the Titanic Building Belfast.
How can you take part?
This is an invitation-only event, if you have a track record of research within agri-food related areas and would like to attend, please contact us at: FP7support@intertradeireland.com and kindly provide us with key words relating to your area of interest to be distributed to the other delegates.