How does FUSION work?
An InterTradeIreland FUSION consultant will assist the company to identify the necessary expertise which you could provide. On agreement between your institute and the company, a partnership is formed - the academic support that you provide will be key to the success of the project.
The partnership will:
- Be cross-border (the company and your university or college must be from opposite jurisdictions).
- Submit a joint application for support from InterTradeIreland to carry out an innovative and collaborative technology transfer project.
- Recruit a relevant graduate who will work in the company to drive the project forward. You will support the graduate, enabling them to operate as the conduit for knowledge and technology transfer from your university/college into the company.
Benefits for Academics
- Guest lectures to students from company personnel
- Opportunity for publications in Journals and at conferences
- Case Studies for teaching material
- Undergraduate and postgraduate student projects
- Student placement opportunities
Longer Term Benefits
- Opportunity for strategic partnerships with companies after completing a FUSION Project
- Aligns with College strategic plans
- Opportunity for further funding after successful completion of a FUSION Project
- Clustering and networking opportunities with like minded individuals
- Increased profile for university/college across the island of Ireland
Funding up to £16,000 for 12 month project, or £23,250 for 18 month Project which includes:
- Support for preparation of application
- Support for management of project
- FUSION Consultant for advice
- FUSION Administration office
Contact the FUSION team.
Download our latest brochure for more information
Yes, I want to apply
If this programme is right for you, contact our team to discuss your particular business needs.
Register for FUSION
Not what you're looking for?
If this programme is not suitable for your business needs why not have a look at our other Innovation Supports
View Innovation Supports