19 May 2017
Europa Hotel, Belfast
InterTradeIreland are once again organising a venture capital one day workshop. The objective of the workshop is to help early stage and new businesses experience the stages and issues in raising venture capital finance. The workshop will use a real venture capital case which is written by Lucius Cary who is a Venture Capitalist based in Oxford. Lucius Carry has led four Venture Capital Trust funds and invested millions of pounds in dozens of start up businesses at the angel and first round funding stage(s).
The workshop participants will be entrepreneurs and senior managers who have built the first phase of a business and are now looking to raise venture capital, angel investment, or other external equity. The workshop will be delivered through an eight part venture capital case and the participants will take the roles of the investor and the start up business management to experience the issues of:
– Management team - skills, risks, and rewards
– Customers delivering revenue and sales
– Raising finance and what VCs look for
– Deal structure basic approaches
– Constraints to profitable sales growth
– Competitive Advantage protection, and innovation
– Cash flows, risks/sensitivities, and exit
The morning session will cover the fundamentals of VC investment. The afternoon session will be taken up with thre case study.
Date 19th May 2017
Timing 08.00 to 4.30
Venue Europa Hotel, Belfast